Topic: Effectiveness of appointing and training for an HR Executive for the better management of the employees: A Case Study on Harrods
Pages: 11, Double spaced
Order type: Assignment
Language: English (U.S.)
Harrod was founded in 1834 by Charles Henry Harrod. The company is providing a quality as well as luxury products to their consumers in order to upsurge its revenues and incomes. In 2015 company has earned £769 million revenue and is focusing on its strategy in order to accomplish more and more revenues and attain growth and development. In this research, it will be discussed about the effectiveness of hiring and providing training to the HR executive of the company in order to have better management of the employees in the organisation which will assist in accomplishing the aims of the organisation and offering of the luxury products to their consumers.
aims and objectives
The main aims of the research are to know the usefulness of the training and appointing of the HR executive in the organisation in order to have effective and operative management of the employees in Harrods which will facilitate in the attainment of the aims which is set by the company in an effectual manner.
The main objective is to be acquainted with the efficacy of appointing as well as training for an HR Executive for the enhanced management of the workforce in Harrods.
1. Do the training helps in the effective management of the employees?
2. Does the training will help in enhancing the performance of the employees?
In the present time, it is essential for the organisation to have effective management of the employees through which they can accomplish their goals. According to Bratton & Gold (2012), Effective management of the workforce can be attained only by providing the proficient training and appointing of the HR executive who will facilitate the organisation in the superior management of the workforce of the organisation. Harrods Company will be taken into consideration while doing this research whose aim is to form and maintain a personal relationship with every consumer, built upon the astonishing information and knowledge of lavishing as well as luxury brand and to have expertise in the business as well as the capability to go beyond the expectations of the worldwide customers. Further, it will be discussed about the various methods which will be used by the HR executive of the Harrods in order to have better management of the employees working in the organisation.
According to Grade (2015), it is precisely important to know or recognise the efficacy of appointing and delivering training for an HR Executive in order to have better management of the workers in Harrods. By providing effective and efficient training to the HR executive will help the organisation to increase its revenues and to achieve success in an optimum way. It is so much significant in the present time to adopt the operative and innovative tactics for the better management of the employees who are working in the organisation in order to accomplish the goals of the organisation in an appropriate way (Grade, 2015). It is extremely important for the organisation to provide training to the HR executive of the company so that he or she will make appropriate tactics for the better management of the organisation to attain the objectives which are set by the organisation in an optimum manner.
Usefulness of hiring and training for an HR Executive
In today’s scenario, it is extremely significant for the Harrods to appoint a skilled HR executive and provide them with so much of training so that it will help the organisation by managing the employee’s performance in an effective manner. As per the opinion of Boxall & Purcell (2011), it is very important for the organisation to have effective and talented HR in the organisation, as it will support the organisation in the attainment of the goals of the organisation in a well-organised way. It will be so much beneficial for the organisation to provide a better and effective training to the HR executive as it will facilitate the development and enhancement of the performance of the employees who are functioning in the organisation. There are so much usefulness of providing training and appointing a skilled HR executive in the organisation, some of them are mentioned as below:
• It will help out in the attainment of the better management of the employees of the organisation by making use of all the resources judiciously (Juul & Minbaeva, 2013).
• It will support the development and progress of the performance of the employees that are working in the organisation in order to accomplish the goals of the organisation in an effective and well-organised way (Gruman & Saks, 2011).
• In the views of Elnaga & Imran (2013), by giving so much of training to the HR executive will help in attaining and enhancing the productivity of the organisation, and also supports in bringing harmony and coordination in the middle of the employees which lead to the better performance and management.
• It is well known that HR is the person who is responsible or accountable for developing the relationship in the organisation and by having good relations with each other has so much of effect on the working condition of the Harrods and will lead to the better management of the employees that are working in the company (Malik, 2015).
• It will help in enhancing the performance of the employees by giving proper guidance which will lead to the attainment of the organisational goals in an effective and well organised way.
Sources: (RobH, 2014)
Strategies used by HR Executive for the superior management of the workers
As per the opinion of Boselie (2010), in order to achieve better management and enhancement in the profits and revenues for the organisation, there is a huge requirement of the effective and operative tactics which is so much necessary for the HR executive to take this into consideration so as to accomplish the better management of the employees that are working in the Harrods.In the opinion of Jose & Mampilly (2012), there are a number of tactics which must be taken into consideration by the HR executive in order to have better management o the employees that are working in the organisation.some of them are mentioned as follows:
• Offering incentives: in order to achieve the organisational goals and providing better management of the employee that is working in Harrods, it is precisely important to offer some incentives in order to make them motivated and perform their functions and duties which are assigned to them in an effective and successful manner (Juul & Minbaeva, (2013).
• Employees engagement:as per the views of Kazimoto (2016), for the attainment of the better management and the performance of the employees, it is the extremely significant responsibility of the HR executive to engage the employees in the task which is assigned to them so that they will perform effectively which will help in the better management.
• Completion of work in the given period of time will help in the better management of the employees as well as enhancements in the profits of the organisation and satisfy the consumer by providing the best luxury products (Herzberget, al., 2011).
As per the views of Creswell (2013), in this assignment, it has been used mixed methods in order to know the efficacy of appointing as well as training for an HR Executive for the better supervision of the workforce in Harrods. Mixed methods are so much imperative and must be taken into consideration by the researcher in order to have the effective results and management of the organisation. In mixed methods, both the qualitative as well as quantitative approaches are involved. The qualitative approach can be stated as the organising the interviews and to focus on a particular group of people to know the effectiveness of the tactics which is considered by the organisation in order to attain the better management of the employees. In the opinion of Kehoe & Wright, (2013), quantitative approach is the method which is used as a mathematical representation of the data and figures which will help in getting suitable results and management of the employee that are working in the organisation.
Source: (Miller, 2010)
From the above-mentionedimage, it will be analysed that, there are several employees that are working in Harrods and are of diverse nationalities.
Source: (Globforce , 2017)
From the above graph it can be analysed that there is a huge increase in the performance of the employees as the company is taking effective measures in order to have better management in Harrods.
Source: (Taylor, 2014)
From the above graph it can be concluded that, company is using so much effective tactics for the better management of the employees and there are several strategies which the company Harrods is planning to adopt and attain their goals in an effective manner.
From the above pictures it has been understood that there are so many people’s working in the Harrods, some of them are male and some of them are female and they are working in an effective manner and achieving the goals which are set by the organisation by use of appropriate methods. There is so much of coordination and cooperation in the middle of the employees and the employer, as because of that only the organisation is attaining the heights in revenues and also in the enhancement of the better performance of the organisation.
In this research, it will be recommended that there is an enormous need of providing and appointing effective HR executive who will help the organisation i.e. Harrod for the better management of the people or the employees that are working in the organisation. There is a need of proper tactics and innovative ideas which will help in the effective and superior management of the employees so that they will work in an effective and well-organised way. Giving appropriate training to the HR executive will facilitate in enhancing the performance of the employees and will lead to the accomplishment of the target in an optimum way.
In the end, it has been concluded that it is necessary to know the effectiveness of employing and training for an HR Executive for the improved and enhanced management of the workforce in Harrods. It is well known that better management of the organisation is so much necessary in the present time in order to sustain in the market as well as attainment of the more and more revenues for the betterment of the organisation. It is well acknowledged that training helps out in the effectual management of the workforce of the organisation and makes them prepare in a better way for the accomplishment of the organisational goals.
1. Boselie, P. (2010). Strategic human resource management: A balanced approach. Tata McGraw-Hill Education.
2. Boxall, P., & Purcell, J. (2011). Strategy and human resource management. Palgrave Macmillan.
3. Bratton, J., & Gold, J. (2012). Human resource management: theory and practice. Palgrave Macmillan.
4. Creswell, J. W. (2013). Research design: Qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods approaches. Sage publications.
5. Elnaga, A., & Imran, A. (2013). The effect of training on employee performance. European Journal of Business and Management, 5(4), 137-147.
6. Ghada Eweda . (2016). which marketing strategy Harrods is currently using to promote itself and increase brand awareness? Bayt.
7. Grade, G. B. (2015). The Maintenance of the Employee Engagement at Harrods.
8. Gruman, J. A., & Saks, A. M. (2011). Performance management and employee engagement. Human Resource Management Review, 21(2), 123-136.
9. Herzberg, F., Mausner, B., & Snyderman, B. B. (2011). The motivation to work (Vol. 1). Transaction publishers.
10. Jose, G., & Mampilly, S. R. (2012). Satisfaction with HR practices and employee engagement: A social exchange perspective. Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies, 4(7), 423-430.
11. Juul Andersen, T., & Minbaeva, D. (2013). The role of human resource management in strategy making. Human Resource Management, 52(5), 809-827.
12. Kazimoto, P. (2016). Employee Engagement and Organizational Performance of Retails Enterprises. American Journal of Industrial and Business Management, 6(04), 516.
13. Kehoe, R. R., & Wright, P. M. (2013). The impact of high-performance human resource practices on employees’ attitudes and behaviors. Journal of management, 39(2), 366-391.
14. Malik, M. A. R., Butt, A. N., & Choi, J. N. (2015). Rewards and employee creative performance: Moderating effects of creative self‐efficacy, reward importance, and locus of control. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 36(1), 59-74.
15. Rachel Miller. (2010). Employee engagement for a diverse workforce. Linked In.
16. RobH.(2014). Best Human Resource (HR) Practices That Help Your Business Grow. Solid Business Solution.
17. Globforce. (2017).Increase employee management. Globforce. Available at http://www.globoforce.com/why-recognition/increase-engagement. [accessed on 23.8.2017]
18. Ken taylor. (2014). Sustaining Training’s Impact. Training industry.
There were some simple instructions here, of a maximimum of 1750 words, consisting of a literature review (using a minimum of 10 references) AND you were asked to provide your research plan, including proposed method of analysis.
You’ve failed entirely to give us a clear research plan here. You’ve focused all of your energy on the literature review, and none of your time on the research plan, which is the central element of this unit.
Different font have been used throughout the assignment.
Professional presentation and accuracy of work.
In this area, it’s good to aim for something that looks very neat, tidy, consistent, and responding closely to what we asked in some of the basic things like word count (1750 words including references), spelling and grammar.
Quality and appropriateness of references and accuracy of references
The APA referencing style requires further work. Please refer to the staff at ALC for support – this is important. All authors’ names are included in the first citation and when there are three or more ‘et al’ is appropriate for the second and subsequent citations.
Feasibility of project within time frame
Not enough information was given to gauge the feasibility of the project.
Aims and objectives/research questions
Your research question was not clear.
The following paragraph may be useful to assist you with your research question and variables.
The problem is that while you may (in Assignment 2) show that X relates to Y (or, if the null hypothesis is supported) X does not relate to Y, what does it mean? How does it link to your field or your profession? What does this finding help a practitioner or another researcher in the field? You need to make more effort to link the research you are going to do, with the scholarly background. So, for example, if you were looking at the relationship between X and Y, where X is assumed to be the predictor variable (like gender or age, or size of company) and Y is assumed to be an outcome (like profitability or staff satisfaction) I’d expect to see findings of what X is normally associated with (in the literature) or what are the other, or the normal predictors of Y. This is what we mean by context….
Preliminary critical literature review
You’ve tended to present your literature review like a ‘procession’. First you present one source, and then move on to the next, and then the next. What we would prefer to see in a critical analysis is some deeper understanding of what is in each source, so that you can begin to compare and contrast one source with another. … so we would expect to see two or more references in a single paragraph for example, and, if your (minimum of) ten sources are high quality ones, suitable for this topic, we’d expect to see refer to each of your sources several times. So, for example three or four times. So, we’d expect to see 30 or 40 in-text references in here (i.e. 3 or 4 x 10 = 30 or 40).
Organisation of the project
For this we were looking for signs that you’ve planned the project carefully, have thought not just about where you will get the data from, but how you will use the data, and analyse the results.