3.4 Application Assignment
Finding & Keeping the Right PeopleHave you ever heard, “People make the difference?” All organizations are made up of people, and it’s people who make the difference between an average experience and a great one both in and outside the organization. People are the key to building strong relationships within the culture of the company and with customers.
You will continue to write about the company you chose in Weeks 1 and 2. This week, you will write on the points below. Your submission should be approximately 2 pages long and use at least two credible resources. Research and review the website of the company you chose for most of this information needed below:
· Job Posting
· Find a job posting for the organization and provide the title of the job posting, including a live hyperlink to the job posting.
· What platform did you use to find the job? i.e. Indeed, LinkedIn, Glassdoor
· Explain why HR professionals would post the job where they did. Refer to Chapter 10 pages 262-263 for more.
· Why did you choose that specific job posting?
· Organizational Culture
· After reading the job description and knowing what you do from your research, how would you describe the organizational culture of the company?
· Provide specific reasons why you described the organizational culture the way you did. Does the organization provide internal training and development opportunities? Does the job description align with the organization’s mission statement?
· Based on your findings and research, is this an organization you would want to work at? Why or why not?
· Resources for this report:
· The company’s corporate website is going to be the main source of information.
· You should not copy/paste any parts of your report from a website on the internet.
· Provide a citation for any information that is not your own. For example, if you tell how many employees a company has, then include a citation for this data to let your reader know where you got this information.
· Your own ideas:
· The purpose of any research is to find solid, reliable information and then to form your own ideas about your findings.
· You do NOT cite your own ideas.
· APA Style:
· The template gives you a good guide to follow for APA style.
· There are tutorials in Canvas that show you how to use APA Style and how to cite the information you find.
· You can also get help in the Writing Assistance Center (WAC) with APA citation.