Group therapy can alleviate feelings of isolation and foster a supportive and collaborative environment for sharing difficult feelings in order to facilitate healing. For many people, being part of a group that has a shared understanding of a struggle provides a unique opportunity to gain understanding of their own experiences.
As you examine one of the group therapy demonstrations from this week’s Learning Resources, consider the role and efficacy of the leader and the reasons that specific therapeutic techniques were selected.
Be sure to review the Learning Resources before completing this activity. Click the weekly resources link to access the resources.
· Select one of the group therapy video demonstrations from this week’s required media Learning Resources.
In a 3- to 4-page paper, identify the video you selected and address the following:
· What group therapy techniques were demonstrated? How well do you believe these techniques were demonstrated?
· What evidence from the literature supports the techniques demonstrated?
· What did you notice that the therapist did well?
· Explain something that you would have handled differently.
· What is an insight that you gained from watching the therapist handle the group therapy?
· Now imagine you are leading your own group session. How would you go about handling a difficult situation with a disruptive group member? How would you elicit participation in your group? What would you anticipate finding in the different phases of group therapy? What do you see as the benefits and challenges of group therapy?
· Support your reasoning with at least three peer-reviewed, evidence-based sources, and explain why each of your supporting sources is considered scholarly. Attach the PDFs of your sources.
BY DAY 7
Submit your Assignment.
Reminde rLinks to an external site. The School of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references. The Sample Paper provided at the Walden Writing Center provides an example of those required elements (available at http://writingcenter.waldenu.edu/57.htm). All papers submitted must use this formatting.