At TheSmartEssays we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Acceptable Use Policy and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act and Directive, the data controller is TheSmartEssays.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site TheSmartEssays.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. Cookies.
The data that we collect from you may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our partners. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
We are aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, so we will do our best to protect your personal data. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to ensure we prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information collected about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes or improvements to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please contact us by electronic means or tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect the relevant data.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our partners, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Your use of our site is governed by our Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy. Please take the time to read these, as they include important terms which apply to you. TheSmartEssays does not have any responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these third party sites. Please refer to the Privacy policies of PayPal.
How we use your personal information
- In the event that we sell or buy any products or services, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such products or services.
If you are a consumer
This clause 5 only applies if you are a consumer.
- If you are a consumer, you may only purchase Products or services from our site if you are at least 18 years old.
- If TheSmartEssays or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of TheSmartEssays, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes or contacting us by electronic means. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at support@TheSmartEssays.com. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Where the Data Protection Regulation or GDPR, applies, you have rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you.
Processing of Personal Data
If you are a resident of the European Union (EU), when we process your personal data, we will only do so under the following circumstances:
- In order to perform our responsibilities under a contract with our customers, such as by providing the TheSmartEssays services you requested; or
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data, such as to send you communications about products or services that may interest you.
Data Protection Rights
You have the right to require us to correct any personal information held about you that is inaccurate and have incomplete data completed. Where you request correction, please explain in detail why you believe the personal information we hold about you to be inaccurate or incomplete so that we can assess whether a correction is needed.
Where you have provided your consent to us in processing your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time and you have the right to opt-out of marketing communications that we send you.
You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you by contacting us electronically. However, do remember, that even if you delete your data, we may retain information in order to comply with laws, resolve disputes, prevent fraud etc, the same will be communicated to you.
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside.