Topic: Break even analysis
Pages: 5, Double spaced
Order type: Coursework
Language: English (U.S.)
This assignment is to be submitted as an Excel file using the template provided.
• Prepare a zero base activity and financial budget for the health services. The business case can be for an initiative of your choice in the Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District. A whole hospital, for example, is not appropriate as there are too many product lines to be managed successfully for a student assignment.
• As well as the proposed budget for the optimal operation of the service the student is to prepare a budget that will allow operations on a budget that is 10% less than the optimal budget.
• Include a break-even analysis.
• Activity and finance Budget- Adequate data with complete budget details. Fully functional spreadsheet
• Break even analysis- Adequate data with complete budget details. Fully functional spreadsheet
• Quality of explanation at each row item to explain activity and budget items.
• Maintenance of integrity of the Excel file so that sources may be tracked back from the break even to the source data items.
• Zelman, W.N. (2014) Financial management of health care organisations. (4th Ed). Chapter 9: Using cost information to make special decisions, p. 375 onwards.
Penner, S. J. (2013) Economic and financial management for nurses and nurse leaders. (2nd Ed). NY: Springer Publishing. Chapter 8: Cost finding, breakeven and charges p. 168 onwards.