In this assignment, you will explore the relationship between research questions and data collection methods. You will also explore the benefits and drawbacks of specific data collection methods.
Look back at the research questions you submitted for your Milestone Three assignment in Module Five and select an appropriate data collection method for each question. Consider what data you will need to answer each question and whether the data method is appropriate for getting the data you need. Consider both benefits and drawbacks to each method. Review the Module Four Resources in both Key Types of Data Collection and Social Science Data Collection Types for helpful information for completing this assignment.
Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed:
- Explain your choice of data collection method for each question from your Milestone Three assignment. Include answers to the following:
- What data method did you select for each question?
- What data do you need to answer each question?
- What characteristics of the chosen data collection method make it appropriate for collecting this data?
- Explain other benefits and drawbacks of the data collection method you chose for each question from your Milestone Three assignment.
- What are other potential benefits of the data collection method you chose for each question (that is, ways it will make the process easier or ways it might improve the results)?
- What are potential drawbacks to the data collection method you chose for each question (that is, potential gaps in data, possible difficulties in the research process, possible negative impact to the results)?
What to Submit
This assignment should be 1–2 pages in length. Any references should be cited in APA format.
Note: For journal assignments, you can receive a Proficient, Needs Improvement, or Not Evident score on each of your rubric criteria. There is no Exemplary score for this assignment, because you will receive feedback and make revisions to improve beyond proficiency in these concepts.