This module discussed the importance of mental health literacy—knowledge and understanding of how to care for your mental health. Becoming a responsible steward of your mental health can improve how you cope with stress, relate to others, perform in class, and make life decisions. When we devote time to our mental health, we can enhance our overall health and well-being as well as have a positive impact on the lives of others.
For this assignment, you will be taking on the role of the Keynote Speaker at Rasmussen University’s “Mental Health Matters” Conference. As a presenter, you will discuss the importance of mental health literacy—caring for one’s mental health. To accompany the presentation, you will create a PowerPoint highlighting the main ideas. The goal of your presentation is to bring awareness to mental health issues and encourage your fellow classmates and professors to do things that will help them improve their mental health and quality of life.
Students will create a PowerPoint for this assignment. The PowerPoint will address the following topics:
- Define mental health literacy and discuss its importance
- Discuss how social stigma affects mental health
- Provide some statistics that illustrate the importance of practicing good mental health
- Discuss the effects of poor mental health literacy on our lives
- Discuss the benefits of practicing good mental health literacy
- Offer strategies to improve our mental health (i.e., self-care)
- Provide resources for those struggling with mental health issues (i.e., national hotlines, governmental agencies, online sources, etc.)
This assignment will be APA formatted, including a title page slide, citations on each slide, and a reference slide.